Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Moroccan Design

I've been a big fan of Moroccan design for a while now. I discovered My Marrakesh an award winning blog by Maryam Montague years ago and have been following along with her adventure to create a home in Morocco. Here's a snippet of their story and pictures of their beautiful home.


After traveling the world with her husband, Maryam Montague decided that Marrakesh, Morocco would become the place they called home, build their business, and raise their children. It comes as no shock that the couple accumulated a lot of “stuff” in all of their travels, and luckily her husband, Chris, happens to be an architect and was able to build her a gorgeous home to house all of her worldly items. The couple’s home is also their business. Half resort, Peacock Pavilions welcomes travelers to come and explore Marrakesh and fall in love with the city for themselves. Peacock Pavilions has been featured in Elle DecorLiving Etc.Bellethe New York TimesHouse and GardenHGTVthe Travel Channel and many more.

decorology: The talented Maryam of My Marrakesh reveals Peacock Pavillions to Lonny Mag
This is a guestroom at Peacock Pavilions. Lonny Magazine May 2012 | Photography by Patrick Cline; Interior Design by Maryam Montague
Prettiest stencils ever!  From decorology: The talented Maryam of My Marrakesh reveals Peacock Pavillions to Lonny Mag

Hallway





Lonny Magazine May 2012 | Photography by Patrick Cline; Interior Design by Maryam Montague

To see more of her Moroccan design you can check out her book My Marrakesh by Maryam Montague. The book’s tribute: “For my parents, who gave me the world, and for my husband, who came with me to explore it” is well stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment